Tent Schools International is hiring for the position of Development Director. Join our team!
The Development Director is responsible to communicate the mission, programs and impact of TSI to various constituencies and to successfully solicit contributions of time, money and other resources to support the ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with staff to understand project status and impact
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with previous supporters and existing partners
- Systematically communicate with individuals, churches, foundations, and other institutions who may be interested in working with TSI in the future
- Tailor messages to specific constituencies using various forums and formats (e.g. grant proposals, conference presence, direct mail, magazine advertising, internet messaging, small group discussion, telephone appeals, events, etc.)
- Ensure that communications to constituencies become commitments to contribute toward specific annual funding goals for operational and program support.
- Expand online giving and monthly giving
- Expand donor base to include new constituencies
- Develop pledge giving options
- Lead Year-End and other fund raising campaigns
- Expand “Giving Tuesday” and other social media giving opportunities
- Conduct presentations at churches and other gatherings to solicit contributions
Education: Bachelor’s (or higher) Degree or equivalent certification in communications, fund raising, and general financial development
Experience: some combination of –
- Two or more years work with a non-profit organization
- Two or more years of fundraising experience
- Two or more years of education or social work
- Two or more years of marketing management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (phone and in-person)
- Marketing and fundraising principles and practices
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, volunteers, donors and partners
- High degree of comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and culture
- Familiarity with Social Media Outlets for fund raising
- Speak and write excellent English
- Use donor database as a development tool
- Reliable transportation during work hours
Hours : 20-35 per week
Job Type: Part-time
For more information, contact us!