Tent Schools International (TSI) is now hiring for the part-time position of Development Assistant, an individual who will be a key member of our Development Team.
The following reflects TSI’s definition of essential functions for this job, though other tasks may be assigned or reassigned at any time to meet the needs of the organization, the TSI Development Team, or management. In some cases additional skill training may be required.
- Donor cultivation,
- Gift processing,
- Donor acknowledgment by receipting in a timely manner (within 48 hours of receiving the gift),
- Donor database management via the Donor Snap program,
- Organizing weekly donor gift reports to be presented at Development Team meetings,
- Donor communications (“Thank You” and Birthday cards, for example) ,
- Mailings (mail merge, mailing list updating, coordinating large mailings with outside communications companies, stationary stock oversight, etc),
- Provide support services to other staff and/or senior management upon request,
- Prepare data base reports for the President in advance of Board Meetings.
- Assist Marketing and Communications Directors as needed,
- Assist in implementing annual fund raising campaigns, including direct mail, email and/or phone communications with donors,
- Assist with event planning logistics before, during and after events,
- Ensure accurate donor activity and information is gathered and recorded properly and confidentially,
- Tracking and logging information on event attendees and in-kind donors,
- Assist with Coin Drives and other fund raising activities,
- Log all volunteer information.
PERFORMANCE AND SUCCESS MEASURES
This position requires accuracy, a professional attitude, friendly customer service communications with donors or those seeking information, and a willingness to take on new tasks and to learn new skills to carry out new assignments. Specific performance reviews will cover, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Professional decorum with all staff, donors and senior management,
- Professional, friendly communications (in person, on the phone, or email )
- Willing to learn new skills and improve skills when needed,
- Accuracy in all data entries, donor receipting, communications and reporting,
- Demonstrated “turn- around time” in communications (as defined by management),
- Respecting work hours and abide by all requirements as listed in the Employee Hand Book.
Apply today by contacting Dale Dieleman, Vice President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.